Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (342)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Newbee Swarm Question

I've made it through my first winter with one of two hives going strong.  Hey 50%, I'll take that. Question...I was peering through my wind…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

15 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

cutting comb?

some bees moved into an abandoned langstroth hive and built comb from the lid down where a few frames were missing. i want to cut the comb…

Started by mark leclaire

1 Apr 7, 2014
Reply by Brett Rimer

need a home for a hive?

If someone would be interested in putting a hive in my yard I have a place out of the way, secure and easily accessed by someone who has a…

Started by Kathleen Hickman

0 Apr 6, 2014

round up near hive ?

person wants to spray round up on weeds - 30 feet from our hives. ?  hurt the bees  ?  comb  ?  honey  ? thank you  tom

Started by tom nims

6 Apr 6, 2014
Reply by tom nims

I have queen bees NOW

Hi.  I received a shipment of queens from Megan's operation in California today.  I have 4 extra queens at this point available for sale.  …

Started by Taylor Horst

0 Apr 4, 2014

Painfull lessons learned by new beekeeper

1. Opening a hive when it is windy out is a very bad idea. - Smoke isn't as effective and bees are more agitated.   2. Not all top bar hive…

Started by Carlos Aragon

4 Apr 3, 2014
Reply by Carlos Aragon

Does anyone else have small brown and black dots around the entrance to their hives. I fear this may be the dreaded nosema. I was still hav…

Started by Lara Jean Lovell

6 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Lara Jean Lovell

Starting off with my first Hive with a Top Bar Hive and working with the Veterans & Warriors to Agriculture Project in my state.

I am wanting my first hive to be of the Top Bar type and not the Langstroth type, because I help my cousin setup his Langstroth Hives and t…

Started by William B. McCoy

4 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Robbing Bees - Micheal Bush

Be prepared for this Summer and Fall when the nectar flow slows down or we experience a nectar dearth.  Here is a link to Micheal Bush's we…

Started by Randy S.

0 Mar 24, 2014

Free Bees - GONE - Thanks for the Replies

I have two hives I need emptied of their current residents so I can move the hives back to the east coast.  I haven't entered the hives thi…

Started by Ken Leadbeter

0 Mar 22, 2014

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service