Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (369)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Adding Supers

I'm very new to beekeeping and this year will be the first year I can actually add a super to my hive. I have two deep brood boxes. What is…

Started by Carl Smith

2 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Daniel Johnson

Two of these are not like the others?!?! Looking for any input on 2 laying queens in 1 hive.

Below I have posted some pictures of a frame in a split hive I purchased May 24th of this year. Both pictures are of the same side of the s…

Started by Clayton Blaylock

9 Jun 20, 2014
Reply by Clayton Blaylock

HOSTING

Hello, I have 1/3 acre and can host an apiary.  I have easy water source.  Please contact me if interested.

Started by Norina Morales

0 Jun 20, 2014

Garden Pests and Bees

Okay Beeks. What can I use on the squash bugs, that have shown up early, to rid them but not impact my bees? The bees pollinate my squash f…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by Christina Parlapiano

Remember My Poisoned Bees??

I have some really great and unexpected news concerning my hive that was poisoned that I tried to kill but wouldn't die.  THEY ARE MAKING I…

5 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Daniel Johnson

Full TB Hive??

Hello Beeks, I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me with. What do you do, if anything, when they fill up the hive and you…

5 Jun 17, 2014
Reply by Buckner Creel

swarm cells

I have a swarm hive that now has four or five caped swarm cells.  I have tried a few times to find the queen with no success.  They are qu…

Started by Tom Day

2 Jun 15, 2014
Reply by Tom Day

Educational 'Glass' Beehive

Last year I built a 3 frame observation hive so that my daughters could see how bees acted within a hive, in fact even used it as a rescue…

Started by Ben Noyce

6 Jun 14, 2014
Reply by Stephen

Question on bees lingering outside hive in rain

We have about an apple size cluster of bees hanging out under the eave of our top bar hive entrance while it is raining.  Is that OK? It is…

Started by Jan Ankerson

6 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by Buckner Creel

Chalkbrood

I may have chalkbrood in my two TBHs.  I'm a new beekeeper and I've not seen this, in person.  Does any one have experience with this?  Any…

Started by Mary Lee Moeny

3 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by Wendy Ozols-Barnes

RSS

© 2016   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service