Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (330)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bear Protection - Electric Fence

Hi, This a tad embarrassing but last fall I got an electrically charged fence to keep bears away from my hives.  I was going to install it…

Started by Gerry Williams

1 Mar 16, 2014
Reply by Darren Jewell

are we there yet?

Hi, posted 2 weeks ago or so about this. Was wondering if anyone in the Northeast Heights area has opened their hives yet? It can be colder…

Started by Camille Cunningham

6 Mar 11, 2014
Reply by Camille Cunningham

Water for Urban Bees - Share your ideas

Here are some photos and links of ways I have provided water for my bees.  It is a good idea to establish water for your bees as soon as yo…

Started by Randy S.

1 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Dorothy Vasquez

Must See - This is a video of a queen bee emerging from her queen cell.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=675575319165168 If you listen carefully, you can hear the queen making piping sounds before she emerge…

Started by Randy S.

0 Mar 5, 2014

Warre hive type ?

What are the pros/cons of Warre hives ? They seem to be a cross betwen Top Bar and Langstroth hives. Does anyone with Abq Beeks use them ?…

Started by Samuel Lopez

4 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Samuel Lopez

Freezing Comb for Re-use

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can freeze TBH comb still on the bar to then be placed back in the hive for future use? I had a hive…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Mar 2, 2014
Reply by ron brooks

need to buy some bee's

I am starting s new hive and need some bee's, Never bought any in Alb. before , need some Info please

Started by Ursula Emmons

2 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Ursula Emmons

American Beekeeping Federation Conference Recap

Hello berks. It was wonderful seeing you at the first Abq Beeks meeting of 2014. If you wanted a version of my Powerpoint presentation on…

Started by Jessie Brown

0 Feb 10, 2014

Honey bee usage in US Colonial history

Any information on this topic, either in the NM area specifically or more generally?

Started by amy butel

2 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Raymond Espinoza

Bee Whisperer ?

Has anyone heard of Michael Jordan, the Bee Whisperer ? I heard him on a Homesteading themed podcast the other night and he seemed very kno…

Started by Samuel Lopez

0 Feb 3, 2014

RSS

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service