Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (312)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Solar Wax Melter Design

I wanted to build a wax melter but didn't want to have another box to store when I wasn't using it.  My solution was to build a melter that…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

0 Oct 25, 2013

Just For Fun

I wanted to share this funny that was sent to me. 

Started by Christina Parlapiano

1 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Joran Viers

Sudden and Massive Bee Die Off

Yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) we found the horrific site of a mound of dead or dying bees underneath our top bar hive entrance, when everyt…

Started by Will Emmer

9 Oct 12, 2013
Reply by Anita Amstutz

Festooning, the Art of Making Wax

Have you seen bees hanging from each other similar to a chain gang? This is known as festooning. After reading the Beekeepers Handbook a b…

Started by Jesie

0 Oct 7, 2013

Twenty one Bumble bee flower beetles found in a top bar hive recently

These beetles were found in a top bar hive recently. I made this video to help people find out more about them. Are they harmful to a hive?…

Started by Jesie

2 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Jesie

Urgently need HELP with neglected hive!

The base the supers are on is starting to cave in, and it would be better to move it to a new base, than to wait for it to tip over.  I nee…

Started by HannaFate

8 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by Nick

And the winners of the 2013 NM State Fair Honey Division are...

A hearty congratulations to the winners of ribbons in the 2013 NM State Fair Honey Division. I counted 101 entries! Thank you so much to La…

Started by Abq Beeks

1 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Abq Beeks

help with weak hives

I am looking for a source of honey comb and possibly extra bees to help combine two weak hives into one to get them through the winter. One…

Started by Mariel Campbell

0 Sep 22, 2013

weak hive

I just pulled a hive out from a residence wall.I t took two trips as I thought I got them the first time but didn't. Anyway I've got them i…

Started by Richard Whiteside

4 Sep 19, 2013
Reply by Richard Whiteside

Bear Attack on Sandia Heights Hive

We had a bear attack our beehive last night. We are about a half mile north and a bit east of Tramway and Paseo del Norte. We have about 25…

Started by Gene Stillman

3 Sep 10, 2013
Reply by Gene Stillman

RSS

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service