Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (298)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bee eater that looks like a bee

Does anyone know what this is? It is about the size of a queen. I found it capturing bees near the hive and feeding on them.

Started by Tim McCarthy

3 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Tim McCarthy

Novice from Eastern NM

hello from Clovis, My wife and I decided to start a hive two years ago, got a nuk from northern NM, brood box and two honey supers.  Read a…

Started by Benny Adams

1 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Mike Fickling

"I'm just a little black rain cloud"

As you are robbing your hives for honey this year, here's an example of how NOT to do it.  Feel free to sing along with Pooh Bear though as…

Started by Randy S.

0 Aug 12, 2013

Uncapping of Brood

I went into my hive today and found that there were a number of brood cells being uncapped and the contents removed.  In the process of the…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

0 Aug 5, 2013

Why are the bees are crowding the landing deck?

Why are the bees crowding the landing deck?  It's warm, humid, and gently raining.  It looks like they're drinking water off the side of th…

Started by Nick

1 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by Jeremy McKellar

NASA and Honey Bee Net Link

An interesting link from NASA's GOddard Space Flight Center:   Honey Bee Net

Started by Lori Ellison

1 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by Jesie

Found 3 queen cups in hive

We found 3 queen cups in our hive. One looked more like a supercedure cell, but two of them were hanging off the bottom of the comb and loo…

Started by Katherine Michalske

1 Aug 2, 2013
Reply by Ted Wilcox

Daughters first hive

My 15yr old daughter has been helping me often with the bees.  I had a TB Nuc that was in a Lang for a bit but decided I would put them in…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

1 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Raymond Espinoza

1/8" hardware cloth in Abq

Does anyone know where to get 1/8" hardware cloth in Albuquerque? I've got a mesh bottom on my TBH, and it's coming off. I used something o…

Started by Mark Hamilton

2 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Ted Wilcox

Experienced Topbar Beek Available for Lesson?

Hi Beeks, I need some help with topbar hive maintenance. I have a new hive that is super productive with honey and brood. They've almost fi…

Started by Kim

2 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Kim

RSS

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service