Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (355)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Disappearing queens and absconding bees

both if my top-bar hives came through the winter with very good numbers... then one swarmed three times before I could remove the swarm cel…

Started by Aimee Williams

7 May 19, 2014
Reply by Ben Noyce

8 Frame medium hive needed now!

Just caught a swarm from my medium body hive and need 6 5/8" supers with 61/4" frames if anyone has any available. Need now as bees are tem…

Started by Annie Huggins

3 May 15, 2014
Reply by Annie Huggins

Poisoned Bees?

I am wondering if my bees have been poisoned.  On Sunday I noticed that this hive is acting sort of strange.  I am noticing a funny dance a…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

6 May 13, 2014
Reply by Jefferson

Re-orienting openings

I now have 4 TB hives, oddly.  It was what my wife and I wanted, but happened all at once.  I have limited room in the yard, and would like…

Started by Buckner Creel

0 May 12, 2014

Queens

I have a new hive that I got about 2 weeks ago and I am sure the queen is gone,  I have moved 2 bars from another hive into my hive in hope…

Started by Julie Denison

7 May 8, 2014
Reply by Julie Denison

Need help for requeening

I am re-queening my hive and am looking for an experienced person to help me. My new queen will be arriving on Wednesday May 7th or May 14t…

Started by Elaine Faust

0 May 3, 2014

Local Help

Greetings- This is my first post on ABQbeeks and I am looking to see if anyone knowledgable in the North Valley or Los Ranchos area would…

Started by Tim Rauch

5 Apr 27, 2014
Reply by Lara Jean Lovell

how to buy a queen

One of my queens has decided she is done with this egg laying business.  She wants me to find a replacement for her.  I'd like to know how…

Started by Kelly McMahan

0 Apr 21, 2014

Black pollen??

I just checked my new hive and panicked to see black material in cells on new comb. I cut part of this out to look at it more carefully, th…

Started by Mariel Campbell

6 Apr 19, 2014
Reply by Darren Jewell

Queenless Hives

Question; are queenless hives or those that have just split and have the capped swarm cells apt to be more aggressive?  I have noticed sinc…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Apr 17, 2014
Reply by Christina Parlapiano

RSS

© 2016   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service