Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (320)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I've lost my bees...AGAIN. :-(

I just checked my hive yesterday in the afternoon, and all of my bees are dead.  This hive was strong going into this winter, except for so…

Started by Chris Grant

5 Jan 29, 2014
Reply by Jeremy McKellar

Bees and the cold nights

I have been finding lots of dead bees outside my hive.  I wonder if they are freezing to death outside the hive?  If I pick up a few and pu…

Started by Anita Amstutz

7 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Jeremy McKellar

top bar hive plans

Had hives in NH now in FL and would like to try Top Bar which I never used but sounds more suited to my life now.  Does any one have plans…

Started by john roane

4 Dec 30, 2013
Reply by john roane

How to Tell Robbers

I had a ton of activity at my hive Sunday with the warmer weather but it looked discombobulated. It was just coming and going but just a lo…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by ron brooks

Fall cleanup shows hive is queenless!

I knew my topbar had a weak queen from my last check late August.  I checked again today and see zero brood and 15 bars of honey, pollen an…

Started by michelle franklin

1 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

swarming around the hive entrance

We have lots of activity and bees at our hive entrance after winterizing last week. Do we have Robbers?   If so how do I help the bee's to…

Started by Susan Gonzales

3 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by ron brooks

Agricultural Exemption

Does anyone know what the requirements are if you want your acreage declared agricultural because of hives. I haven't been able to find any…

Started by Miriam Boldman

0 Oct 29, 2013

Bring out your Drones!!!

This drone seemed to be shouting, "I'm not dead yet, I feel better, I think I will go for a walk".  This worker bee would hear nothing of i…

Started by Randy S.

1 Oct 28, 2013
Reply by Jessie Brown

Solar Wax Melter Design

I wanted to build a wax melter but didn't want to have another box to store when I wasn't using it.  My solution was to build a melter that…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

0 Oct 25, 2013

Just For Fun

I wanted to share this funny that was sent to me. 

Started by Christina Parlapiano

1 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Joran Viers

RSS

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service