Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (251)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Funny Story for Bee & Dog Lovers Alike!

This is a fun blog with good beekeeping stories and good information about bees and beekeeping.  Thanks for the link Mr. Beck. Honey Bee S…

Started by Randy S.

0 Feb 16, 2013

Time to water your bees!

If you don't already have water out in your yard for your bees, now's the time! By now, they've started increasing egg production and need…

Started by chantal

0 Feb 14, 2013

Papa Bear's Honey's website is up and running for orders

We now can take credit card or debit card on line as well.  If you have any questions please contact me at (505) 281-7851 and leave a messa…

Started by Craig Noorlander

1 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by tom nims

Dead Hive

Have been keeping any eye on the hives lately and saw no signs of life on the Lang.  No buzz when knocked on and no moving bees when lookin…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

0 Jan 19, 2013

Comb melted in hive

Seams a little quiet so I thought I would post. When I checked the hives back in about Aug I noticed one of the combs had an area on it tha…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

0 Dec 2, 2012

Yellow Jackets

Anyone have any good ideas on how to get rid of yellow jackets a fellow beek is having daily visits from these honeybee hunters? Besides th…

Started by Ron Brooks

4 Nov 19, 2012
Reply by Ken Duckert

Does anyone have any extra brood comb?

Hello fello beeks, Does anyone have an extra comb of brood that they would be willing to sell/trade? I need some brood to help my hive rais…

Started by Shannon Miller

0 Nov 17, 2012

mellified man

Here is something that might make you hard core honey lovers think twice.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellified_man

Started by Megan Mahoney

1 Nov 17, 2012
Reply by Jessie Brown

Bee Diseases

Hello all!  I wanted to post these fantastic photos of different bee diseases for future reference.  Brought to you by the good friends at…

Started by Megan Mahoney

4 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by James Lewis

Dead bees since mid October

Beeks what's happeneing? This is my first hive, which my grandson and I set up in May. Since early October I have started noticing dead bee…

Started by Louis Sanchez

2 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Louis Sanchez

RSS

© 2014   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service