Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (281)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Megan's Queens and 'Amonds' presentation from June Meeting

Queens and 'Amonds' presentation Hello All and thanks for your attendance and interest in my talk on California style queens and almonds. …

Started by Megan Mahoney

0 Jun 10, 2013

Red Bees

Hi.  No real concern more of a share.  I was in inspecting my hive and noticed quite a few of these red bees.  My thought is that I am look…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

3 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by Mark Hamilton

How Often Should We Open Our Hives

I'll admit it.  I have a new addiction and it's my hive.  I throughly enjoy opening it up and looking inside and seeing what they have done…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Kate Viers

Ventilation in the heat

Hi all I have a top bar hive with three rows of double holes on one side for entrances and three single holes near the top for ventilation.…

Started by Micaela Seidel

1 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Ted Wilcox

Ruined my hive?

So, I went out today to do a full hive inspection.  Very sad days.  Here is somewhat of a chronicle of what has happened over the past few…

Started by Kyle Wingate

0 May 28, 2013

cold bees

I introduced my bees on Tuesday. Today I went to see if the queen was out. My bees were all clung to the queen box. Shall i assume she is s…

Started by lindsey

0 May 24, 2013

dead bees in package

Introduced bees to hive today. There were quite a few dead ones in the package that shook into the hive. Do I try to get them out, or will…

Started by lindsey

3 May 23, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

Waxing plastic foundations?

I am just getting started and I wondered if brushing a wax coating on the plastic foundation is recommended or do I just place the frames i…

Started by Barbara Beerbaur

1 May 21, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

feeding bees

what is your recommended method of feeding bees in the spring with a top bar hive? Thanks!

Started by lindsey

8 May 19, 2013
Reply by Micaela Seidel

introducing bees

I will be getting my bees tomorrow, and the next few days here in MT are rainy and in the 50s.  Is it safe to place them in their TB hives…

Started by lindsey

3 May 17, 2013
Reply by Jeremy McKellar

RSS

© 2014   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service