Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (289)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bees in a Tree

There’s a hive of bees in a 40-year-old poplar tree at Barcelona and Janesway SW.  The woman who owns the property is worried about her gra…

Started by Claude Stephenson

3 Jul 24, 2013
Reply by Claude Stephenson

Laying Worker Saga

The saga of the laying worker hive continues. I posted a couple of months back about finding that my queen was gone over the winter and tha…

Started by Louis Sanchez

1 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by Louis Sanchez

Sand Bees?

Does anyone know anything about Sand Bees?  I had someone call about having them removed.  I have never heard of them. Ted

Started by Ted Wilcox

5 Jul 7, 2013
Reply by Steen

Hive boxes

Hay all, I'm doing a little research project and need some input from the group. Question: what Hive box do you prefer managing your bees i…

Started by Wendy Ozols-Barnes

0 Jul 2, 2013

Suggestions on Unruly Bees?

hi all, hoping someone can give me some insight on how to handle a hive of a hyper bees i have. when i open my top-bar hive, these bees cra…

Started by Kim

6 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Kim

cutout questions?

I have read of poeple using a vacuum to extract bees in a cutout situation........I have managed to extract quite a few of the bees out of…

Started by Russ Green

2 Jun 30, 2013
Reply by ron brooks

My First Honey

I harvested my first honey yesterday.  I took bar 16 which was all capped and uncapped and was one of only two comb that did not contain br…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

0 Jun 25, 2013

HONEY?

Hello ABQ beeks! Is anyone bringing in any honey these days?  If so, what kind?  My bees were bringing in Catalpa (water white) but the flo…

Started by Megan Mahoney

1 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by Jeff Carlson

Need a new package

Hello all, I'm a novice beekeeper in Santa Fe - set up my hive this spring and took delivery of a package of Carniolans a few weeks back. …

Started by Melissa Barry

7 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Darren Jewell

Megan's Queens and 'Amonds' presentation from June Meeting

Queens and 'Amonds' presentation Hello All and thanks for your attendance and interest in my talk on California style queens and almonds. …

Started by Megan Mahoney

0 Jun 10, 2013

RSS

© 2014   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service