Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (291)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

1/8" hardware cloth in Abq

Does anyone know where to get 1/8" hardware cloth in Albuquerque? I've got a mesh bottom on my TBH, and it's coming off. I used something o…

Started by Mark Hamilton

2 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Ted Wilcox

Experienced Topbar Beek Available for Lesson?

Hi Beeks, I need some help with topbar hive maintenance. I have a new hive that is super productive with honey and brood. They've almost fi…

Started by Kim

2 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Kim

Moved a TB to S Edgewood

Moved one of my new TB hives up to Edgewood, about 3mi S of town.  With the rains up there things are starting to green up so I am hoping t…

Started by Jeremy McKellar

0 Jul 29, 2013

Bees in a Tree

There’s a hive of bees in a 40-year-old poplar tree at Barcelona and Janesway SW.  The woman who owns the property is worried about her gra…

Started by Claude Stephenson

3 Jul 24, 2013
Reply by Claude Stephenson

Laying Worker Saga

The saga of the laying worker hive continues. I posted a couple of months back about finding that my queen was gone over the winter and tha…

Started by Louis Sanchez

1 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by Louis Sanchez

Sand Bees?

Does anyone know anything about Sand Bees?  I had someone call about having them removed.  I have never heard of them. Ted

Started by Ted Wilcox

5 Jul 7, 2013
Reply by Steen

Hive boxes

Hay all, I'm doing a little research project and need some input from the group. Question: what Hive box do you prefer managing your bees i…

Started by Wendy Ozols-Barnes

0 Jul 2, 2013

Suggestions on Unruly Bees?

hi all, hoping someone can give me some insight on how to handle a hive of a hyper bees i have. when i open my top-bar hive, these bees cra…

Started by Kim

6 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Kim

cutout questions?

I have read of poeple using a vacuum to extract bees in a cutout situation........I have managed to extract quite a few of the bees out of…

Started by Russ Green

2 Jun 30, 2013
Reply by ron brooks

My First Honey

I harvested my first honey yesterday.  I took bar 16 which was all capped and uncapped and was one of only two comb that did not contain br…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

0 Jun 25, 2013

RSS

© 2014   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service