Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (350)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need help for requeening

I am re-queening my hive and am looking for an experienced person to help me. My new queen will be arriving on Wednesday May 7th or May 14t…

Started by Elaine Faust

0 May 3, 2014

Local Help

Greetings- This is my first post on ABQbeeks and I am looking to see if anyone knowledgable in the North Valley or Los Ranchos area would…

Started by Tim Rauch

5 Apr 27, 2014
Reply by Lara Jean Lovell

how to buy a queen

One of my queens has decided she is done with this egg laying business.  She wants me to find a replacement for her.  I'd like to know how…

Started by Kelly McMahan

0 Apr 21, 2014

Black pollen??

I just checked my new hive and panicked to see black material in cells on new comb. I cut part of this out to look at it more carefully, th…

Started by Mariel Campbell

6 Apr 19, 2014
Reply by Darren Jewell

Queenless Hives

Question; are queenless hives or those that have just split and have the capped swarm cells apt to be more aggressive?  I have noticed sinc…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

2 Apr 17, 2014
Reply by Christina Parlapiano

QUESTION.

I have two topbar hives on my roof in NE Albuquerque. One has normal activity, the other is going crazy. The bees are buzzing loudly swarmi…

Started by mike warren

1 Apr 13, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Repelling Bees

Does anyone have a good home remedy for repelling bees from house walls?  I have read about Orange Oil, Tea Oil, Vinegar and other things. …

Started by Ted Wilcox

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Bee Confusion

Hi All, I caught this small swarm with a queen last week but I'm starting to think that they are broken bees. First, they don't know how t…

1 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by ron brooks

Newbee Swarm Question

I've made it through my first winter with one of two hives going strong.  Hey 50%, I'll take that. Question...I was peering through my wind…

15 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

cutting comb?

some bees moved into an abandoned langstroth hive and built comb from the lid down where a few frames were missing. i want to cut the comb…

Started by mark leclaire

1 Apr 7, 2014
Reply by Brett Rimer

RSS

© 2016   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service