Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (276)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

cold bees

I introduced my bees on Tuesday. Today I went to see if the queen was out. My bees were all clung to the queen box. Shall i assume she is s…

Started by lindsey

0 May 24, 2013

dead bees in package

Introduced bees to hive today. There were quite a few dead ones in the package that shook into the hive. Do I try to get them out, or will…

Started by lindsey

3 May 23, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

Waxing plastic foundations?

I am just getting started and I wondered if brushing a wax coating on the plastic foundation is recommended or do I just place the frames i…

Started by Barbara Beerbaur

1 May 21, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

feeding bees

what is your recommended method of feeding bees in the spring with a top bar hive? Thanks!

Started by lindsey

8 May 19, 2013
Reply by Micaela Seidel

introducing bees

I will be getting my bees tomorrow, and the next few days here in MT are rainy and in the 50s.  Is it safe to place them in their TB hives…

Started by lindsey

3 May 17, 2013
Reply by Jeremy McKellar

i have extra queen cells if anyone needs one.

as of yesterday, there were 9 intact, capped queen swarm cells in one of my hives.  if you can use one, or several, you are welcome to have…

Started by Carolyn Hammack

3 May 12, 2013
Reply by Louis Sanchez

Bees at the entry

My bees are gathering inside the hive right at the edge of the entry in the early evening. Plenty of room, ventilation and food. Any ideas?

Started by Doug McDowell

0 May 9, 2013

Hive Inspection Checklist

A few of you at the last Mentoring at Open Space Group Yard requested a copy of our hive checklist. Here is Jodi Hedderig's updated version…

Started by Abq Beeks

0 May 6, 2013

Mounds of dead brood?

I have mounds of what I think is dead brood on the landing board. The hive is active. Please see the attached picture. Now what? When I l…

Started by Nick

5 May 5, 2013
Reply by Nick

Transporting Colones

Hey! anyone have input on trailering hives (about 300miles)?  Looks like the temp will be low 30's tonight?  

Started by Rick and Michelle

1 May 4, 2013
Reply by Megan Mahoney

RSS

© 2014   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service