Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (336)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

nosema??

Does anyone else have small brown and black dots around the entrance to their hives. I fear this may be the dreaded nosema. I was still hav…

Started by Lara Jean Lovell

6 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Lara Jean Lovell

Starting off with my first Hive with a Top Bar Hive and working with the Veterans & Warriors to Agriculture Project in my state.

I am wanting my first hive to be of the Top Bar type and not the Langstroth type, because I help my cousin setup his Langstroth Hives and t…

Started by William B. McCoy

4 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Robbing Bees - Micheal Bush

Be prepared for this Summer and Fall when the nectar flow slows down or we experience a nectar dearth.  Here is a link to Micheal Bush's we…

Started by Randy S.

0 Mar 24, 2014

Free Bees - GONE - Thanks for the Replies

I have two hives I need emptied of their current residents so I can move the hives back to the east coast.  I haven't entered the hives thi…

Started by Ken Leadbeter

0 Mar 22, 2014

dead out

our best hive last year - dead this week. many bodies on ground  around entrance. dead bees through out the hive - floor coverd with bodies…

Started by tom nims

0 Mar 21, 2014

Trapout/Arborist opportunity

Hi All-- We got a call from a woman yesterday who would like to save the hive living in a mostly dead elm/cottonwood(?) in her front yard.…

Started by Seah Johnson + Josh Phillips

2 Mar 18, 2014
Reply by ron brooks

Bear Protection - Electric Fence

Hi, This a tad embarrassing but last fall I got an electrically charged fence to keep bears away from my hives.  I was going to install it…

Started by Gerry Williams

1 Mar 16, 2014
Reply by Darren Jewell

are we there yet?

Hi, posted 2 weeks ago or so about this. Was wondering if anyone in the Northeast Heights area has opened their hives yet? It can be colder…

Started by Camille Cunningham

6 Mar 11, 2014
Reply by Camille Cunningham

Water for Urban Bees - Share your ideas

Here are some photos and links of ways I have provided water for my bees.  It is a good idea to establish water for your bees as soon as yo…

Started by Randy S.

1 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Dorothy Vasquez

Must See - This is a video of a queen bee emerging from her queen cell.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=675575319165168 If you listen carefully, you can hear the queen making piping sounds before she emerge…

Started by Randy S.

0 Mar 5, 2014

RSS

© 2015   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service