Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (419)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Notes from the Mead-Making Meeting

Here are Phil's notes from the meeting... Mead Basics 2.5-3.5 lb.s honey per gallon filtered water yeast (I recommend Red Star Cote des Bl…

Started by Carolyn Hammack

1 Jul 7, 2017
Reply by Elizabeth Lake

Nectar Flows??

Hi. Im a relatively new beek with my hives in the North Valley. I've noticed brood production and stored nectar dropping off over the last…

Started by John Bigelow

0 Jul 3, 2017

lost queen maybe?

one of my topbar hives is not doing well. anyone in the NE part of Abq, that might be able to advise me? (near Juan Tabo and Candlearia) I…

Started by Gretchen Rieck

4 Jun 26, 2017
Reply by Gretchen Rieck

Nucleus Colonies

Late spring nucleus colonies for sale. 5 frame nucs, standard equipment consisting of bees, brood, food stores and newly mated carniolan qu…

Started by John Gagne

0 Jun 25, 2017

I need help to split my hive

I have top bar hive that looks super-full.the bees are bearding like crazy and there are tons of bees in the bottom of the hive as well. I…

Started by Maggie June

0 Jun 12, 2017

Allergic to bee stings??

Hi everyone! I've noticed that my reaction to bee stings has become increasingly worse. My first sting was just the typical local reaction,…

Started by Amy Owen

6 Jun 10, 2017
Reply by Amy Owen

Supering a TBH

Most of the folks I've spoken with are having a good year.  I'm having a good year.  I have strong hives, etc.  Specifically, I have one TB…

Started by Buckner Creel

0 Jun 8, 2017

Dissertation on using oxalic acid to control varroa mites

Thanks Jodie for an incredibly informative discussion of hive diseases, particularly varroa mite control. I had indicated that I had run ac…

Started by Joe Slanga

1 Jun 7, 2017
Reply by Raymond Espinoza

Need 3 Queens

My bees have been looking pretty sluggish over the past week, so I got into the hives yesterday and found no brood in any of the 3 hives. H…

Started by Rod Reay

0 May 21, 2017

Dried manure for smokers

Greetings.      I am looking for a 5 gallon bucket or so of dried horse manure chunks for my smoker.  That's what we've been using, and the…

Started by Buckner Creel

1 May 18, 2017
Reply by Randy S.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service