Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (437)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mean Queen.

I have one hive that I keep close to my home that is just full of mean nasty bees. If you get within 10 ' of them they start the dive bombi…

Started by Patrick Godfrey

12 Sep 6, 2010
Reply by Louise Bradley

Refractometers

Because of the high humidity lately, I would like to check the moisture content of the honey I have harvested in the past week to ensure it…

Started by Mary Young

0 Aug 22, 2010

Feeding

Can anyone recommend a large feeder or built one off of http://www.beesource.com/build-it-yourself/They really sucking down the syrup (2 to…

Started by Rick and Michelle

2 Jul 30, 2010
Reply by Rick and Michelle

Chance to Relocate a Feral Hive

My friend forwarded me this message from Freecycle. Here's a feral hive for someone who knows what s/he is doing (not me at this juncture!)…

Started by Erin

1 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by chantal

feral hive capture (not a swarm)

The picture shows a Russian olive tree stump that is about 16" in diameter. A feral bee colony has taken up residence at a Rio Rancho house…

Started by ben blackwell

0 Jul 8, 2010

Queen Push-in Cage

Does anyone have a push-in queen cage that I can borrow?  If you don't have a push-in queen cage then do you know where I can purchase some…

Started by Randy S.

5 Jul 7, 2010
Reply by Randy S.

Queen cell killing

Have a Langstroth hive that was purchased as a nuc 4 weeks ago that has been very slow to get going.  It appears now that the queen has fin…

Started by Lance Hale

4 Jun 28, 2010

hopelessly Queenless-twice?

I checked my 2 topbar hives today and one is busy,full of workers and honey.  Not one egg cell and no sign of a queen.  The other has patch…

Started by michelle franklin

1 Jun 27, 2010
Reply by Les Crowder

Somebody just sprayed pesticides near my hives

Friends, I'm terribly sad. Some of the hives I manage for the City Open Space program are near farm fields. And today, despite the farmer k…

Started by chantal

11 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Mary Young

Looking for a late swarm

Hi,   This is my first year beekeeping and I've had some problems with my early swarm. Lost 2 queens. Now there's a worker laying. The rema…

Started by Leslie K

1 Jun 19, 2010
Reply by chantal

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service