Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (429)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Somebody just sprayed pesticides near my hives

Friends, I'm terribly sad. Some of the hives I manage for the City Open Space program are near farm fields. And today, despite the farmer k…

Started by chantal

11 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Mary Young

Looking for a late swarm

Hi,   This is my first year beekeeping and I've had some problems with my early swarm. Lost 2 queens. Now there's a worker laying. The rema…

Started by Leslie K

1 Jun 19, 2010
Reply by chantal

Help!

Ok, so I am new to this bee keeping and I need HELP! I fell in to a swarm last week. I was given a top bar hive as a gift and had planned o…

Started by lauri

2 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by lauri

ferral hive capture

A friend has a feral hive that is starting to build in her horse barn and she asked me to remove it for her. I need the bees so I visited t…

Started by ben blackwell

1 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Les Crowder

Who still needs a swarm?

Just checking... are you still waiting for a swarm for your hives? (I'm asking here because our activity in the Swarm group doesn't get the…

Started by chantal

7 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Steve Burton

Questions about feeding bees in TBHs

I have a TBH.  I have heard that two acceptable ways of feeding bees are simply to put a jar of organic honey in a hive or to make a nectar…

Started by Mary Young

7 Jun 7, 2010
Reply by John Gagne

Early Laying Worker situation? Combining LW hive w/ new nuc...

OK- Big amendment to the question:Based on the information I listed below- are we in an early laying worker situation?  We checked again to…

Started by S Johnson + J Phillips

4 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by chantal

May Hive Check: How are yours?

What's up with your hives so far this year? How are they building up/making honey and otherwise surviving this odd, odd spring?

Started by chantal

26 May 31, 2010
Reply by don frazier

Sealed entrance?

I have been watching the activity levels of the girls from afar for the last several days and all seems to be well to my newbeek eyes.  I d…

Started by Lance Hale

4 May 30, 2010
Reply by chantal

Oh my god, my neighbor just sprayed bifenthrin

The "environmentally-friendly" bug man told him it was made of chrysanthemums and would be totally safe to spray for roaches but unfortunat…

Started by chantal

3 May 30, 2010
Reply by Mary Young

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service