Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

How to Start Beekeeping in Albuquerque (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any local suppliers?

Is there a store in the Albuquerque area where one can buy beekeeping supplies such tools, instead of using catalogs?

Started by Fabiola Rivera

9 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Sarah Malone

Should we encourage bee feeding by others?

I was curious what some of the beekeepers thought of this idea. Is it detrimental in some way? Is this something we should encourage others…

Started by Joel Deluxe

7 Feb 16, 2016
Reply by Christopher J Pease

Starting 2 Hives in Polvadera

First thanks to those I have had private conversations with during the past couple of months. I am in Polvadera (10 miles north of Socorro)…

Started by Mike W

2 Dec 27, 2015
Reply by Buckner Creel

in search of an experienced bee keeper

I am a volunteer for the Claunch-Pinto Soil & Water Conservation District. We/I don't have any hives but would like to provide educatio…

Started by Carla Cope

1 Sep 29, 2015
Reply by Jodi Hedderig

Plans & diagrams for top bar hive

Looking to build your own top bar hive? Albuquerque beeks, TJ Carr and John Bradford, share their plans for a gorgeous TBH (diagram abov…

Started by chantal

3 Sep 8, 2015
Reply by Jason Fink

87108 TBH Mentor

My father and I started beekeeping this year and have two top bar hives in the 87108 area.  While things seem to be going well, we'd love t…

Started by David Stromberg

7 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by Shawna Ballay

Timeless Lessons of the Honeybees

Although they may not speak a human language, the honeybees transmit valuable messages that can help transform human society and its relati…

Started by Scarlet Blossom

0 Dec 10, 2014

My parents recently bought a house with bee's living in one of their trees...

Hello, I am not looking for someone to get the hive out but merely wondering if they would move into a hive if we placed it in the backyard…

Started by Bresdin O'Malley

5 Nov 10, 2014
Reply by Bresdin O'Malley

The Best Bee Hive?

By far the most common question we hear is, "Which type of hive should I get?" This is a complex question that boils down to: what do you w…

Started by Randy S.

7 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Rhett Renoud

Urban beekeeping in today's Journal

abqbeeks, the Certified Beekeeper program, and NewBeeRescue got some coverage in today's Journal... http://www.abqjournal.com/405342/news/t

Started by Carolyn Hammack

0 May 24, 2014

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service