Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

How to Start Beekeeping in Albuquerque (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Plans & diagrams for top bar hive

Looking to build your own top bar hive? Albuquerque beeks, TJ Carr and John Bradford, share their plans for a gorgeous TBH (diagram abov…

Started by chantal

3 Sep 8, 2015
Reply by Jason Fink

87108 TBH Mentor

My father and I started beekeeping this year and have two top bar hives in the 87108 area.  While things seem to be going well, we'd love t…

Started by David Stromberg

7 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by Shawna Ballay

Timeless Lessons of the Honeybees

Although they may not speak a human language, the honeybees transmit valuable messages that can help transform human society and its relati…

Started by Scarlet Blossom

0 Dec 10, 2014

My parents recently bought a house with bee's living in one of their trees...

Hello, I am not looking for someone to get the hive out but merely wondering if they would move into a hive if we placed it in the backyard…

Started by Bresdin O'Malley

5 Nov 10, 2014
Reply by Bresdin O'Malley

The Best Bee Hive?

By far the most common question we hear is, "Which type of hive should I get?" This is a complex question that boils down to: what do you w…

Started by Randy S.

7 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Rhett Renoud

Urban beekeeping in today's Journal

abqbeeks, the Certified Beekeeper program, and NewBeeRescue got some coverage in today's Journal... http://www.abqjournal.com/405342/news/t

Started by Carolyn Hammack

0 May 24, 2014

Hosting or Fostering a hive

Hello all, I'm interested in trying out beekeeping, but it does take a lot of money to get started.  A friend recommended I host or foster…

Started by Trevor Branch

4 May 6, 2014
Reply by Trevor Branch

Hive type for Beginners ?

What type of bee hive is recommended for someone just starting out ? Langstroth, Top Bar, Warre or Other ? I am planning to start 2 hives i…

Started by Samuel Lopez

4 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Samuel Lopez

Who can i order from?

So, im just looking to start my first Hive. who can i order from that will delever to NM? if not who can i Express to? Is anyone going out…

Started by Alex Burch

2 Jan 29, 2014
Reply by Carl Smith

When and where to order bees? Residential Keeping?

- Hello all - I am thinking about starting a langstroth hive at our residential house in NE Albuquerque. You can't produce honey without be…

Started by Emil

2 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Emil

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service