Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

How to Start Beekeeping in Albuquerque (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Unsure beginner

Hi, My bees are about 3 weeks old.  I put them in a top bar hive.  But they started building multiple combs on every bar, so when I tried t…

Started by Victor Lopez

5 Jun 15, 2011
Reply by Jessie Brown

It's July. Time to feed your bees?

According to our annual survey of local beekeepers, about 20% of respondents feed their bees in July when nectar slows down and before mons…

Started by chantal

4 May 30, 2011
Reply by Ed Costanza

Does this sound like it is going ok or not?

I picked up a rather large swarm in old town and this am, I peeked in the top.  Didn't open it up just peeked in, and the swarm in the box…

Started by Antoinette Sedillo Lopez

3 May 30, 2011
Reply by Ed Costanza

Seasonal Guide to Beekeeping in Albuquerque

If you're new to keeping bees in Albuquerque, please start here. Seasonal Guide to Beekeeping in Albuquerque (PDF) The tips and timing of…

Started by chantal

2 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by chantal

Do you keep an epi-pen?

This Easter I'm having a garden party and wondering whether I should have an epi-pen around for bee allergic friends. Do you keep one? How…

Started by chantal

9 Jun 16, 2010
Reply by Mary Young

TB Hive Designs

This is my first year of beekeeping.  I have two TB hives made to Les Crowder's dimensions but I am concerned that I will run into problems…

Started by Mary Young

1 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by chantal

Installing your first package of bees in a TBH

Awww... our first bees ever! If anyone's ordered a bee package and wants to install it in a top bar hive, I created this video a couple ye…

Started by chantal

4 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by Mary Young

3 articles for new beekeepers

Just a little somethin' somethin' for newbeeks awaiting the arrival of their first hive: Get prepared mentally Aiming for the roof? 6 Ques…

Started by chantal

0 Apr 5, 2010

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service