Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

How to Start Beekeeping in Albuquerque (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Time to order bees for 2012

If you haven't already ordered package bees for 2012, NOW is the time to do so. Though this list is by no means comprehensive, here are a f…

Started by chantal

0 Jan 20, 2012

Beekeeping Videos Online for Viewing

I have post a series of Beekeeping Videos for watching on the following website:  www.nmhoney.com.  Follow the link on the left hand side o…

Started by Ed Costanza

0 Dec 11, 2011

What's on your reading list?

It's a common question... "What should I read about bees?" Everyone's got their favorite book, so between us all, we can probably come up w…

Started by chantal

3 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Ted Wilcox

Glass jars

Anyone know a local place to buy nice glass jars for storing honey?  I want 8 - 16 oz. jars and don't want to have to pay the exorbinant…

Started by James Lewis

7 Aug 9, 2011
Reply by James Lewis

Best time of year to start a hive/Moving transporting a hive?

Hi there, all. I have not started a hive yet; however, I would like to do so within the next year or two. I want to make sure that I am bei…

Started by Kelly Neff

2 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Kelly Neff

A very good bee keeping business plan workbook

49759257-beekeepingworbook.pdf   I found the attached to be a very good resource to consider setting up a "bee business"

Started by Johnny Harper

3 Jul 28, 2011
Reply by Johnny Harper

Unsure beginner

Hi, My bees are about 3 weeks old.  I put them in a top bar hive.  But they started building multiple combs on every bar, so when I tried t…

Started by Victor Lopez

5 Jun 15, 2011
Reply by Jessie Brown

It's July. Time to feed your bees?

According to our annual survey of local beekeepers, about 20% of respondents feed their bees in July when nectar slows down and before mons…

Started by chantal

4 May 30, 2011
Reply by Ed Costanza

Does this sound like it is going ok or not?

I picked up a rather large swarm in old town and this am, I peeked in the top.  Didn't open it up just peeked in, and the swarm in the box…

Started by Antoinette Sedillo Lopez

3 May 30, 2011
Reply by Ed Costanza

Seasonal Guide to Beekeeping in Albuquerque

If you're new to keeping bees in Albuquerque, please start here. Seasonal Guide to Beekeeping in Albuquerque (PDF) The tips and timing of…

Started by chantal

2 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by chantal

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service