Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

News + Announcements (425)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How was the bee day at Hay's?

Did you go to Hay's Beekeeping Seminar today? How was it?

Started by chantal

1 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by Kelsy Dotson

Anyone want to carpool to Hays Bee Seminar on Sat?

Parking is limited at Hays Bee gathering this weekend, so perhaps it might be wise to carpool... If you're interested in carpooling, please…

Started by chantal

1 Apr 22, 2010

How to get alerted about new discussions

If you want to stay on top of the latest discussions, you can sign up for email notifications. Here's how: Go to http://abqbeeks.ning.com/f

Started by chantal

2 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by chantal

Available Swarm, South Coors

I received a call via a Craigslist post. Gentleman at South Coors has a swarm about 20 ft in a cottonwood tree on a “sizeable” branch. I ha…

Started by Gene Stillman

1 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Celeste

Swarm Week, indeed!

We have four hives in our backyard in the NE Heights. This morning my husband comes out of the back room and says, "Can you hear that?" We…

Started by Ryan & Monica Kowal

3 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Ryan & Monica Kowal

How to lure a swarm from a very TALL tree?

Looks like it's officially swarm week. There's a swarm in my neighbor's tree (landed there yesterday afternoon) and we'd love to catch it.…

Started by chantal

2 Apr 17, 2010
Reply by chantal

need some advice on hive removal from a house

got an email this morning in reply to a craigs list ad that I put out about swarms.  This guy has a hive at 25 feet  in his stucco.  It's j…

Started by Celeste

5 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Celeste

Strainer for Honey

In the Photo section, there is a foto of honey pouring from a large container into a white strainer, which fits perfectly over a receiving…

Started by Peggy Gorresen

7 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Sarah Dolk

Come and get this swarm. NOW

12:24 pm Monday - There is a swarm in my front yard right now. I live 3 houses in from 12th and one block south of Candelaria and my number…

Started by Sarah Dolk

6 Apr 13, 2010
Reply by Sarah Dolk

Bees set up shop in a semi-truck

Happened right here in Albuquerque -- a great story with fascinating photos. Talk About a Swarm of Bees!

Started by chantal

0 Apr 12, 2010

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service