Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Sell/Trade + Donate/Volunteer (329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Unknown Wasps near Hive

Hi all,   Yesterday morning I noticed about 50-100 wasps hovering above the ground near my hive. They don't seem to be bothering the bees.…

Started by Aly Sanchez

6 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by Lori Ellison

Is your queen bee a good queen?

I am starting this discussion for two reasons: 1. One of my hives was upturned by a bear, and MANY bees were killed. I suspected the Queen…

Started by Katherine Gauntt

5 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Michele Chisholm

Las Conchas Fire Bee Study

The Las Conchas fire near Los Alamos has prompted inquiry about bee exposure from several organizations and researchers. For more info on…

Started by Melanie Margarita Kirby

1 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Dave Ellis

Beeswax

Greetings.      I'm a newbee beekeeper w/ a strong topbar hive that got going from a swarm this spring.  As such, I have not built up wax. …

Started by Buckner Creel

4 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Buckner Creel

bee removal anyone?

Hi all!  anyone want bees badly enough to do a removal for free in the south valley? I got a call yesterday from a man that owns a home wit…

Started by Megan Mahoney

0 Jun 8, 2011

Need to requeen

I've got a colony that is struggling, the queen is not laying consistently and I'd like to requeen.  Anyone have queens available?  Thanks.

Started by Taylor Horst

1 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by Megan Mahoney

Should we be concerned @ all the heavy smoke?

I'm concerned @ all the heavy smoke!  Will it cause the bees to swarm?

Started by Louise Bradley

4 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by Louise Bradley

Cow manure... want some for your smoker?

I'm shoveling up some cow manure in the South Valley tomorrow for my smoker. If you want some, let me know and I will pick up a bag for you…

Started by Jessie Brown

13 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Peggy Gorresen

New hive bodies and frames wanted

We are looking for new hive bodies, tops, bottoms, and frames. We'll drive to pick up. Anyone have a source? Thanks DJ and Margaret-505-414…

Started by DJ and Margaret Nickles

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by DJ and Margaret Nickles

Nectar Flow

Hi all!  My bees are pulling in nectar like maniacs!!  Make sure you give them plenty of space.  For all you top bar people...space emptys…

Started by Megan Mahoney

0 May 30, 2011

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service