Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Swarms (277)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bees in May and the swarm list

Bees in May are worth a load of hay, bees in June are worth a silver spoon, bees in July let them fly. My thanks to the many volunteers who…

Started by Chris Specter

4 May 4, 2017
Reply by Chris Specter

Mites

Does anyone have experience with treatment?

Started by Charlene McGinnis

1 Apr 10, 2017
Reply by Taylor Horst

It's a Two for One'r

My neighbor alerted me to two swarms in my crabapple tree yesterday.  Sure enough they were there 3 hours later when I was able to bet home…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

1 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by Elizabeth Lake

Bee ready!

It's pretty early in the season still, but the swarms are starting to fly already! I caught my first one of the season today, and it was a…

Started by Tyler Schutte

13 Apr 8, 2017
Reply by maureen arellano

SELLING BEEHIVES

No longer keeping bees.  Three hives available:  one almost new 8 frame complete hive, and two standard box hives with bottom boards, inner…

Started by richard davies

0 Apr 7, 2017

Getting on the swarm list

How do I get my name and phone number on the swarm list?  I kept bees about thirty years ago and have gotten back into again for a few year…

Started by Robert Cliff Wilkie

2 Apr 7, 2017
Reply by Kenneth J. Flores

They are swarming

Just caught my first swarm of the season up here in 4hills. I'm wondering if it is from one of my hives, but if it is it saves me from havi…

Started by Christina Parlapiano

4 Apr 3, 2017
Reply by Elizabeth Lake

Swarm question

Hey, all.  So, we checked through our 4/4 topbar hives that survived the winter.  3 were packages last year, one was a 2nd swarm from Ben N…

Started by Buckner Creel

1 Mar 25, 2017
Reply by Buckner Creel

Ordering Bees - any experience

Hi, I am thinking of ordering bees.  Does anyone have any ideas or experience with vendors and types of bees?

Started by Mindless Rabble

1 Mar 16, 2017
Reply by John Freisinger

Cutout needed this week

Folks, I received a call needing a cutout. They've sold the house and need it cut out of a parapet this week so their contractor can come a…

Started by Ben Noyce

1 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Ben Noyce

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service