Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

All Discussions Tagged 'Top' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Local Top Bar Starter Nuc Hives for Sale.

I have few top bar starter nuc hives I am selling.  Two are ready right now.  These are established mini-colonies.  The honeybees know thei…

Started by Steve Burton

0 May 8

Swarm moving into a bait hive

Just got to watch a swarm move into our top bar bait hive in the front yard. Bees had been visiting the hive all day and then they finally…

Started by Will Emmer

2 May 2, 2016
Reply by Will Emmer

Top Bar Hives for Sale

Greetings AbqBeeks, I have just completed several TBH's for spring bees activity!  Both single window and double window observation hives,…

Started by Jason Fink

0 Feb 18, 2014

2014 Spring Pollinator Lecture Series- SAVE the DATEs

Three Pollinator Lectures will be offered this spring 2014 by The Rocky Mountain Survivor Queenbee Cooperative & the New Mexico Dept. o…

Started by Melanie Margarita Kirby

0 Feb 15, 2014

Hive type for Beginners ?

What type of bee hive is recommended for someone just starting out ? Langstroth, Top Bar, Warre or Other ? I am planning to start 2 hives i…

Started by Samuel Lopez

4 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Samuel Lopez

Top Bar Hives for sale

Greetings AbqBeeks, My Top Bar beehive inventory is maintained on my website:  http://www.nmbeeworks.com/ All hive built to "TJ Carr spec…

Started by Jason Fink

0 Mar 19, 2013

Extracting honey from TBH

Talking to a friend about Top Bar Hives and he asked how do you separate the honey from the wax? Besides the crush and strain method, is th…

Started by Neal

8 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Shannon Miller

Straight top bar combs

Hello everyone, tomas here, for all of you that are getting in bee packages in the next few weeks and are installing them into top bar hive…

Started by Tomas Urrea

17 May 1, 2012
Reply by Ryan vanHorn

How "Tight" should the construction of a Top Bar Hive be? and...

And... how tight should the "Followers" be ... Should there be "Bee Space" or should they be tightly fitting enough to exclude the bees fro…

Started by Dave Ellis

0 Jun 5, 2011

RSS

© 2017   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service