Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

All Discussions Tagged 'bees' (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where to order bees

My partner and I have been planning to start bee keeping. He gave me a hive for Christmas. This seems like the time to order our bees. Does…

Started by Lanceford Thompson

1 Jan 10
Reply by Randy S.

No bees on blooming fruit trees and ornamentals

I am a backyard "fruit farmer" near the River in Albuquerque's Central Valley  (Paseo & Coors).  We have multiple Stone fruit trees and…

Started by Terrance Connors

1 Mar 20, 2017
Reply by Terrance Connors

4 pound packages for sale

All, I have updated my website (papabearshoney.com) and have started taking orders.  Thank you for your patience if you have been waiting. 

Started by Craig Noorlander

3 Jan 31, 2017
Reply by Craig Noorlander

Need help with my hive!

I am a first year beekeeper and consider myself a novice!. I need some urgent help and advice with my hive. We have one Langstroth hive tha…

Started by Alwyn VanderWalt

1 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by Mark Sommer

Ground bees

Hi all, A colony of ground bees has recently moved into my yard. They have dug about 400 holes spaced about 6 inches apart throughout our…

Started by Shannon Miller

2 Jun 16, 2016
Reply by Shannon Miller

Cutout available on the westside.

Recent swarm call didn't pan out, they were gone when I got there. It looks like there is a large colony still under the small wooden shed…

Started by Carlos Aragon

2 May 6, 2016
Reply by Carlos Aragon

ZQB 2016 Starter Nucs & Queens

Well, well, it is now 2016 and we are officially starting our 11th year of service. It has been a roller coaster ride, to say the least- f…

Started by Melanie Margarita Kirby

0 Jan 12, 2016

Sound Apitherapy- free lecture this Sunday 2/22 in Dixon

Come to a free lecture on The Beehive Effect: Sound Apitherapy with Dr. Valerie Solheim, this Sunday- February 22, 2015 from 11am to noon a…

1 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Melanie Margarita Kirby

Zia Queenbees providing locally produced bees 10 yrs in a row...

Well, here we go again, sharing our NM bees first and foremost with NM bee stewards. We are so very happy to be celebrating a decade of ser…

0 Jan 18, 2015

My parents recently bought a house with bee's living in one of their trees...

Hello, I am not looking for someone to get the hive out but merely wondering if they would move into a hive if we placed it in the backyard…

Started by Bresdin O'Malley

5 Nov 10, 2014
Reply by Bresdin O'Malley

RSS

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service