Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

All Discussions Tagged 'bees' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question about moving bees

I want to move my bees next door (about 20 feet). Question is can I move them during the winter all 20 feet or do I need to move 5 feet eac…

Started by Elaine Faust

4 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Elaine Faust

Too Many Bees?

Here's an interesting forward from Kim Flottom of Bee Culture's CATCH THE BUZZ... This ezine is also available online at http://home.ezezin

Started by Melanie Margarita Kirby

0 Oct 19, 2012

Cutout/ Trapout needed in Rio Rancho

Hi all. A fellow named Dan Kilgore has bees in what I think is an abandoned irrigation control box on the NE corner of his house, in the gr…

Started by Taylor Horst

3 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Taylor Horst

Top Bee Plants for ABQ?

Bee Plants for the 505 a lil list I've been working on being tough urban perennials & streetwise self-sowing annuals in more-or-less ch…

Started by Mark Lewis

4 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Mark Lewis

IMPORTING BEES- June 2012 issue Green Fire Times

I have an article that I wrote for The Green Fire Times which is distributed free throughout New Mexico. This article calls attention to th…

Started by Melanie Margarita Kirby

0 Jun 23, 2012

Charlie Carpenter has a feral colony in the wall of his garage.  Collect the hive and he will repair the sheet rock. He doesn't want the st…

Started by Jodi Hedderig

8 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by Jodi Hedderig

Tell EPA Clothinadin kills bees!

You might consider sending this to all your beekeeping friends and friends of bees. As noted below, the EPA's deadline for comments is thi…

Started by Gordon C. Thomasson

3 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by Michele Chisholm

Hi all... Thanks all for attending the meeting last time.  And thanks to Joe for speaking about summer management.  We talked about beekeep…

Started by Megan Mahoney

3 Sep 5, 2011
Reply by Megan Mahoney

Will work for bees...

Hi, everyone.   I'm new to beekeeping and came to this a little late in the season to get in on package bees.  I have a home built top bar…

Started by Lori Ellison

6 May 3, 2011
Reply by Lori Ellison

Vanishing of the Bees Screening info

Just got this off of KIMO Theatre website:   Vanishing of the Bees Screens Thursday, April 28 @ 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $8 ($6 for seniors &a…

Started by Lori Ellison

0 Apr 25, 2011

© 2018   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service