Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

All Discussions Tagged 'hive' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Walter Kelley hive foundation beeswax + hot knife to give away

I have several boxes of Walter Kelley hive foundation made of beeswax, for shallow hives - 17.25" x 5.25" x 2.125". I don't know if they ar…

Started by Libby Sanzero

2 Nov 3
Reply by Libby Sanzero

No bees on blooming fruit trees and ornamentals

I am a backyard "fruit farmer" near the River in Albuquerque's Central Valley  (Paseo & Coors).  We have multiple Stone fruit trees and…

Started by Terrance Connors

1 Mar 20
Reply by Terrance Connors

bee hive keeping supplies for sale

We're finished with our bee keeping hobby and hope to be able to help you start yours. We have the following equipment for sale, which esse…

Started by Jennifer Hyre

3 Feb 27
Reply by Jennifer Hyre

How to keep bees from swarming - again!

Hi, there - I recently caught a very small swarm (softball sized) in April. I housed them here with a few frames of honey, a bit of pollen…

Started by Robin Miller

0 Jun 27, 2016

Cutout available on the westside.

Recent swarm call didn't pan out, they were gone when I got there. It looks like there is a large colony still under the small wooden shed…

Started by Carlos Aragon

2 May 6, 2016
Reply by Carlos Aragon

Swarm moving into a bait hive

Just got to watch a swarm move into our top bar bait hive in the front yard. Bees had been visiting the hive all day and then they finally…

Started by Will Emmer

2 May 2, 2016
Reply by Will Emmer

topbar how to put two group of bee to one hive

Hi ABQBKS  Ms. Anita called us GO GET SOME SWARM. So we went to old town and got a swarm with a queen..(free bees).. Now we would like to …

Started by Megumi "Mega" HIRAYAMA

0 May 12, 2015

we need a top bar hive

Hi, Our hive is developing extra queens. we want to take them out and start a new hive. Does anyone know where we can buy a top bar hive AS…

Started by Tom and Edite Cates

1 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by Carlos Aragon

Hive type for Beginners ?

What type of bee hive is recommended for someone just starting out ? Langstroth, Top Bar, Warre or Other ? I am planning to start 2 hives i…

Started by Samuel Lopez

4 Feb 12, 2014
Reply by Samuel Lopez

Download standard Top Bar Hive plans

After years in testing and refinement, TJ Carr and John Bradford have finally released their plans for a standardized top bar hive (TBH)!…

Started by chantal

0 Aug 20, 2012

RSS

© 2017   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service