Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.
With January 1st right around the corner its a great time of the year to sit down and begin planning for Spring. Here are 7 things things to think about and begin working on to meet your Bee Keeping goals.
1. First and foremost find out if you have severe allergic reactions to bee stings. If you don't know for sure ask your doctor to test you for hypersensitivity to Honey Bee or Wasp stings.
Ok, your ready for your first Honey Bee colony, get started now, you need to...
2. Purchase or build a hive,
3. Order or acquire Honey Bees,
4. Find the Ideal Location for your hive, "Location" "Location" "Location",
5. Purchase or make protective clothing and equipment,
6. Treat the Frames or Bars of your hive with Beeswax,
7. Install a package of bees, or a swarm.
Sounds easy, if not give me a call we will be happy to help you with you bee adventures.
Uno Antigua Del Norte de Nuevo Mexico