Hi! I inherited a hive and various supplies a week ago. I've been hustling to get everything together to start a hive on time. My hive package is coming this week on Wed-Thurs and while putting everything in its final spot I realized that the previous owner only gave me honey super frames but no deep hive frames. Does anyone have ten they would sell me until I can get some in the mail? 

You need to be a member of ALBUQUERQUE BEEKEEPERS to add comments!

Join ALBUQUERQUE BEEKEEPERS

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sarah, 

I am sure you will be able to get frames at Hays Honey and Apple farm in Bosque Farms. you will enjoy chatting with the owner.

• Hi Sarah,

If you're getting a package, you don't need a honey super yet, just the brood box to start. Use the frames from the super in your brood box. (The boxes are all the same if they are all deeps.) It's better to keep your new package in one box to begin; too much room is just trouble for a new colony.

For the future, Big R in Bernalillo sells deep frames and boxes. 

Take care,

Birdie

• Ok, that's what I thought. So just use the honey super frames in the deep brood box for now?

This reply was deleted.
Lisa Nowakow is now a member of ALBUQUERQUE BEEKEEPERS
Friday
Anthony Reynolds left a comment on Leave us a comment!
"Hi, I would like to be included on the swarm contact list, can you send me an e-mail? Thank You"
Jun 1
Albuquerque Beeks posted an event

Jun 9, 2020 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm

Zoom

May 31
Janet Crawford and Claudia Clay joined ALBUQUERQUE BEEKEEPERS
May 30
More…